A research team at the DOE Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center (GLBRC) has developed a powerful new tool that promises to unlock the secrets of biomass degradation, a critical step in the development of cost-effective cellulosic biofuels. The details of this method were published online on June 11 in the journal Applied and Environmental Microbiology.
- New microbial genetic system dissects biomass to biofuel conversionFri, 11 Jun 2010, 17:28:44 EDT
- Two-step chemical process turns raw biomass into biofuelTue, 10 Feb 2009, 17:42:41 EST
- Technology is key for biofuel successThu, 16 Jul 2009, 13:36:53 EDT
- CO2 emissions from biomass combustionWed, 16 Mar 2011, 10:02:45 EDT
- Lean and mean biomass-degrading fungus reveals capabilities for improved biofuel productionMon, 5 May 2008, 3:21:25 EDT