With the 2010 Atlantic hurricane season less than a week away, a new analysis from experts at several Texas universities is warning that a major hurricane could devastate the Houston/Galveston region. A report issued today by the Rice University-based Severe Storm Prediction, Education and Evacuation from Disasters Center (SSPEED) indicates that even a moderately powerful hurricane could endanger tens of thousands of lives and cripple the Houston Ship Channel, which is home to about one-quarter of U.S. refineries.
- Study: Major hurricane could devastate HoustonWed, 26 May 2010, 10:42:57 EDT
- Hurricane seasons are more activeWed, 12 Aug 2009, 17:52:32 EDT
- Birth of a hurricaneWed, 28 Jul 2010, 8:59:05 EDT
- Pediatric carbon monoxide poisoning linked to video games after Hurricane IkeTue, 26 May 2009, 17:35:46 EDT
- Ring around the hurricanes: Satellites can predict storm intensityWed, 20 Apr 2011, 16:04:54 EDT