A research team from China explored the mechanism underlying niacin's action on glucose metabolism, and the association between the US per capita niacin consumption and the obesity prevalence in the US. They found there is a close correlation between the niacin consumption and the obesity prevalence in the US population. The increased obesity prevalence in the US children in the past three decades may be to a large extent of a niacin fortification-related event.
- Reducing niacin intake can prevent obesityThu, 20 May 2010, 11:29:38 EDT
- Biology of flushing could renew niacin as cholesterol drugMon, 6 Apr 2009, 18:16:51 EDT
- Niacin's role in maintaining good cholesterolThu, 5 Jun 2008, 14:35:50 EDT
- Niacin does not reduce heart attack, stroke risk in stable CV patientsTue, 15 Nov 2011, 15:35:08 EST
- Vitamin B3 shows early promise in treatment of strokeWed, 24 Feb 2010, 18:47:49 EST