Gaucher disease, a rare enzyme deficiency disorder, is one of many conditions with few approved treatment options for patients. In a study published online today in Blood, the journal of the American Society of Hematology, researchers present positive results of a Phase II clinical trial of eliglustat tartrate, an oral therapy in development to treat Gaucher disease.
- Phase II study of an oral therapy for Gaucher disease yields positive resultsMon, 3 May 2010, 18:02:45 EDT
- Cheaper, more effective treatment of type 1 Gaucher disease possibleTue, 19 Oct 2010, 18:03:32 EDT
- Study conclusively ties rare disease gene to Parkinson'sWed, 21 Oct 2009, 17:45:09 EDT
- Scripps research scientists shed light on potential treatment for Gaucher's diseaseSun, 9 May 2010, 13:43:24 EDT
- New gene therapy technique on iPS cells holds promise in treating immune system diseaseThu, 28 Apr 2011, 12:05:05 EDT