Viruses have evolved a broad range of strategies that enable them to evade the immune systems of their hosts. A team of researchers led by LMU virologist Professor Jürgen Haas has been studying a novel, recently discovered mechanism that pathogenic viruses exploit for this purpose, and their latest results could point the way to new antiviral therapies. The mechanism is based on the production of short RNA molecules, called microRNAs, by the virus.
- The silence of the genesThu, 22 Apr 2010, 17:31:25 EDT
- Novel strategy stymies SARS et al.Fri, 28 Oct 2011, 15:36:20 EDT
- Hebrew University study opening new route for combating virusesWed, 25 Jun 2008, 13:22:40 EDT
- Boosting its infectivity turns benign virus into good gene therapy carrier for cystic fibrosisMon, 16 Feb 2009, 17:49:58 EST
- UBC researchers discover key to immune cell's 'internal guidance' systemSun, 5 Feb 2012, 19:21:01 EST