In today's world more geographic information is being collected about us, such as where we live, where the clinic we visited is located, and where we work. Web sites are also collecting more geographic information about their users. This location information makes it easier to identify individuals, which can raise privacy concerns when location is coupled with basic demographics and sensitive health information. Individuals living in small areas tend to be more easily identifiable because they are unique on their local demographics.
- Privacy risks from geographic informationThu, 8 Apr 2010, 11:33:46 EDT
- Vitamin D status not predicted by surrogate markers, UB researchers findTue, 20 Apr 2010, 13:12:45 EDT
- Group led by UCLA Engineering devises new method for securing location-sensitive dataMon, 26 Jul 2010, 16:50:28 EDT
- Leakage of private information from popular websites is common, new study findsThu, 2 Jun 2011, 13:36:22 EDT
- Scientists collect data to aid Afghanistan reconstructionThu, 1 May 2008, 18:14:34 EDT