It is difficult to imagine a tougher place for testing a modern wireless telecommunications network than in the deep valleys of the Pyrenees. Yet it was amidst the high mountains of north-east Spain, where the four-nations team behind the Celtic Genesis project proved that Internet voice technology (VoIP), transmitted over advanced, high speed wireless broadband (WiMax), can provide rural communities with a reliable service for telephones, video and other multimedia applications.
- Increasing efficiency of wireless networksTue, 13 Nov 2012, 15:36:59 EST
- Wireless vs. wirelessTue, 22 Jun 2010, 14:33:55 EDT
- Researchers use flexible channel width to improve user experience on wireless systemsMon, 4 Jun 2012, 13:32:51 EDT
- Boston University partners in NSF challenge to create wireless network using visible lightMon, 6 Oct 2008, 14:22:30 EDT
- Record-speed wireless data bridge demonstrated: Takes high-speed communications the 'last mile'Mon, 27 Feb 2012, 14:32:48 EST