By combining a new generation of piezoelectric nanogenerators with two types of nanowire sensors, researchers have created what are believed to be the first self-powered nanometer-scale sensing devices that draw power from the conversion of mechanical energy. The new devices can measure the pH of liquids or detect the presence of ultraviolet light using electrical current produced from mechanical energy in the environment.
- Researchers use improved nanogenerators to power sensors based on zinc oxide nanowiresSun, 28 Mar 2010, 13:22:28 EDT
- Nanogenerators grow strong enough to power small conventional electronicsMon, 8 Nov 2010, 15:34:15 EST
- Researchers create new class of piezoelectric logic devices using zinc oxide nanowiresThu, 2 Sep 2010, 8:43:29 EDT
- Piezoelectric nanowires allow electrical signals to be produced from mechanical actionsTue, 26 Jul 2011, 11:03:34 EDT
- A first in integrated nanowire sensor circuitryMon, 4 Aug 2008, 17:43:08 EDT