(PhysOrg.com) -- Though comets are thought to be some of the oldest, most primitive bodies in the solar system, new research on comet Wild 2 indicates that inner solar system material was transported to the comet-forming region at least 1.7 million years after the formation of the oldest solar system solids.
- First measurement of the age of cometary materialThu, 25 Feb 2010, 16:37:40 EST
- Formaldehyde: Poison could have set the stage for the origins of lifeMon, 4 Apr 2011, 15:36:43 EDT
- Comet dust reveals unexpected mixing of solar systemThu, 18 Sep 2008, 14:36:25 EDT
- Comet particles provide glimpse of solar system's birth spasmsMon, 17 Nov 2008, 9:36:20 EST
- Oldest objects in solar system indicate a turbulent beginningThu, 3 Mar 2011, 15:37:34 EST