The genome of the pea aphid (Acyrthosiphon pisum), sequenced by the International Aphid Genomics Consortium, is published this week in the online open-access journal PLoS Biology. Scientists from more than 10 nations took part in the sequencing and analysis of the genome, whose publication in PLoS Biology is accompanied by related papers appearing in PLoS Genetics, Genome Biology, and a special issue of Insect Molecular Biology.
- Aphid's genome generates exciting questionsMon, 22 Feb 2010, 23:36:14 EST
- Aphid's genome reflects its reproductive, symbiotic lifestyleMon, 22 Feb 2010, 23:36:12 EST
- Successful genome sequencing of pea aphid is a breakthrough for ecology and agricultural researchTue, 23 Feb 2010, 10:58:32 EST
- Sequencing the turkey genomeTue, 7 Sep 2010, 17:22:43 EDT
- The first kangaroo genome sequenceFri, 19 Aug 2011, 3:32:16 EDT