(PhysOrg.com) -- Scientists at Cornell University in the U.S. have found a new way of breaking two of the strongest chemical bonds, at ambient temperature and pressure, and this breakthrough could lead to low-energy processes for making organic compounds containing nitrogen.
- Breaking harmful bondsThu, 28 Aug 2008, 14:36:03 EDT
- Unlike rubber bands, molecular bonds may not break faster when pulledWed, 17 Jun 2009, 11:45:15 EDT
- High pressure yields novel single-element 'compound'Tue, 3 Feb 2009, 15:22:27 EST
- NRC, uOttawa scientists first to watch a chemical bond break using molecule's electronsWed, 28 Jul 2010, 17:29:01 EDT
- Researchers describe 'implausible' chemistry that produces herbicidal compoundWed, 10 Jun 2009, 13:44:46 EDT