A pivotal efficacy trial of RTS,S, the world's most clinically advanced malaria vaccine candidate, is now underway in seven African countries: Burkina Faso, Gabon, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique and Tanzania. The trial, which is expected to involve up to 16,000 children, is on schedule, with more than 5,000 children already enrolled, researchers announced Tuesday at the 5th Multilateral Initiative on Malaria Pan-African Malaria Conference.
- Malaria vaccine candidate, RTS,S reduces the risk of malaria by half in African childrenTue, 18 Oct 2011, 14:34:48 EDT
- Promising trials of malaria vaccine lead to calls for Phase 3 developmentMon, 8 Dec 2008, 12:32:14 EST
- Major clinical trial prompts call for change to treatment guidelines for severe malaria worldwideSun, 7 Nov 2010, 5:31:23 EST
- IPTc found to reduce prevalence of malaria infection in children by up to 85 percentTue, 1 Feb 2011, 18:02:51 EST
- Breakthrough by Danish scientists in preventing maternal malariaThu, 4 Feb 2010, 10:45:00 EST