(PhysOrg.com) -- Two physicists in China have used metamaterials to create the first artificial electromagnetic black hole. The scientists, Qiang Cheng and Tie Jun Cui from the Southeast University in Nanjing, China created the tiny black hole in their laboratory, in an experiment that aimed to simulate a black hole.
- Artificial black holes made with metamaterialsTue, 16 Nov 2010, 9:34:46 EST
- Scientists create artificial mini 'black hole'Thu, 3 Jun 2010, 17:23:09 EDT
- First black holes born starvingMon, 10 Aug 2009, 11:23:03 EDT
- How often do giant black holes become hyperactive?Mon, 20 Dec 2010, 13:33:10 EST
- First compelling evidence for a black hole after recent supernovaWed, 17 Nov 2010, 10:09:51 EST