A team of researchers from the University of Castilla-La Mancha (Spain) has developed an intelligent surveillance system able to detect aberrant behaviour by drivers and people on foot crossing pedestrian crossings and in other urban settings. The study, published this month in the journal Expert Systems with Applications, could be used to penalise incorrect behaviour.
- Pedestrian crossings could be monitoredFri, 18 Sep 2009, 9:43:31 EDT
- Pedestrians at serious risk when drivers are 'permitted' to turn leftTue, 2 Apr 2013, 19:37:36 EDT
- Research gives new meaning to 'green' cross codeMon, 5 Oct 2009, 12:38:32 EDT
- Cell phones dangerous for child pedestrians, UAB study findsMon, 26 Jan 2009, 13:16:13 EST
- Cell phone studies: While walking or driving, cell phones increase traffic, pedestrian fatalitiesWed, 4 Mar 2009, 16:12:00 EST