For kidney transplant recipients, infection with a virus called cytomegalovirus (CMV) may lead to devastating complications. New research suggests that extending the period of preventive treatment after kidney transplantation can reduce the risk of CMV disease, according to an upcoming report in the Journal of the American Society of Nephrology (JASN).
- It pays to be careful post-kidney transplantThu, 17 Sep 2009, 18:26:43 EDT
- Kidney weight matters when it comes to transplantationThu, 20 May 2010, 17:49:21 EDT
- Most kidney transplant candidates will accept risk of infectionThu, 25 Mar 2010, 17:27:21 EDT
- Earlier not necessarily better when receiving a kidney transplantThu, 29 Oct 2009, 20:43:25 EDT
- Cancer risk the same for kidney transplant recipients, no matter the drugThu, 29 Apr 2010, 17:59:32 EDT