Will we soon see the flowers of Edinburgh in full bloom in the depths of winter? This possibility is considered in a new study into the impact of global warming on spring flowering, published today in the International Journal of Climatology. Data, taken from records dating back to the late nineteenth century, has been used to demonstrate the impact of global warming and to predict the effect further warming will have on plant life by the year 2080.
- Early spring time for Edinburgh? Study predicts effect of global warming on spring flowersWed, 9 Sep 2009, 20:50:36 EDT
- Study predicts effect of global warming on spring flowersThu, 17 Sep 2009, 9:53:59 EDT
- In the Eastern US, spring flowers keep pace with warming climateWed, 16 Jan 2013, 21:32:05 EST
- Warming climate chills Sonoran Desert's spring flowersWed, 16 Dec 2009, 14:43:34 EST
- Coral records show ocean thermocline rise with global warmingTue, 12 Oct 2010, 10:36:20 EDT