The speed of light, 300 million metres per second, was long thought an immutable constant and has defined our understanding of matter and energy but recent research in the area of optics and photonics is proving that we can manipulate light to some ingenious and hugely lucrative ends.
- Light at the speed of a bicycle and much moreWed, 9 Sep 2009, 1:29:20 EDT
- 'Slow light' on a chip holds promise for optical communicationsSun, 5 Sep 2010, 13:43:51 EDT
- Stacking the deck: Single photons observed at seemingly faster-than-light speedsTue, 26 Jan 2010, 17:59:36 EST
- Laser-sculpted optical devices for future giant telescopesThu, 5 Feb 2009, 16:29:49 EST
- University of Pennsylvania scientists move optical computing closer to realityTue, 19 Aug 2008, 14:56:47 EDT