Each weekday, food scraps are collected from the Maryland Food Distribution Authority in Jessup, Md., and from small local food service and marketing establishments. Materials that do not contain metal, glass, or plastic are trucked to the Agricultural Research Service (ARS) Henry A. Wallace Beltsville Agricultural Research Center (BARC) in Beltsville, Md.
- Availability of local food key to improving food securityMon, 9 May 2011, 13:03:24 EDT
- Fast food meals are smaller, have fewer calories than food served at restaurantsWed, 17 Dec 2008, 11:14:59 EST
- Finding Chicago's food gardens with Google EarthThu, 3 Jan 2013, 16:01:50 EST
- Average shoppers are willing to pay a premium for locally produced foodTue, 3 Jun 2008, 13:49:50 EDT
- In the case of wholesale food distributors, it's all about locationThu, 5 Dec 2013, 19:36:08 EST