Different types of dementia show dissimilar changes in brain activity. A network mapping technique described in the open access journal BMC Neuroscience has been applied to EEG data obtained from patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD) and frontotemporal lobar degeneration (FTLD, a less common type of dementia with more prominent behavioral symptoms).
- Neural networks mapped in dementia patientsThu, 20 Aug 2009, 20:50:35 EDT
- Malaria medication may help against 1 type of frontotemporal dementiaWed, 2 Feb 2011, 9:33:53 EST
- MAKS: Drug-free prevention of dementia declineThu, 1 Dec 2011, 2:33:45 EST
- Older patients with dementia at increased risk for flu mortalityTue, 27 Oct 2009, 11:51:30 EDT
- Adult ADHD significantly increases risk of common form of dementiaTue, 18 Jan 2011, 11:41:52 EST