The smallest organisms to use a biological compass are magnetotactic bacteria, however mysteries remain about exactly how these bacteria create their cellular magnets. In a study published online in Genome Research, scientists have used genome sequencing to unlock new secrets about these magnetic microbes that could accelerate biotechnology and nanotechnology research.
- Magnetic microbe genome attracting attention for biotech researchTue, 11 Aug 2009, 17:29:02 EDT
- Use it or lose it? Researchers investigate the dispensability of our DNAWed, 1 Oct 2008, 17:28:42 EDT
- Platypus genome unravels mysteries of mammalian evolutionWed, 7 May 2008, 13:35:57 EDT
- BGI contributes whole genome sequencing and bioinformatics expertise to potato genome researchMon, 11 Jul 2011, 9:34:54 EDT
- Brown researchers create novel technique to sequence human genomeWed, 15 Apr 2009, 19:29:39 EDT