Cyber attacks on computer networks are becoming increasingly commonplace. To counter the threat, they are protected by so-called network intrusion detection systems. But these fail to identify some attacks, or do not spot them until it is too late. To improve matters, Damiano Bolzoni of the University of Twente (The Netherlands) has developed a system which paves the way for a new generation of network security. This forms the subject of his doctorate, awarded by the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science on 25 June.
- US must focus on protecting critical computer networks from cyber attack, RAND study findsThu, 8 Oct 2009, 12:17:31 EDT
- Denial of service denialWed, 30 Sep 2009, 13:57:21 EDT
- Controlling the language of securityFri, 18 Sep 2009, 10:13:32 EDT
- New intrusion tolerance software fortifies server secrurityMon, 16 Jun 2008, 15:07:54 EDT
- Sandia builds Android-based network to study cyber disruptionsTue, 2 Oct 2012, 15:12:36 EDT