Plants or meat: That's about all that fossils ever tell paleontologists about a dinosaur's diet. But the skull characteristics of a new species of parrot-beaked dinosaur and its associated gizzard stones indicate that the animal fed on nuts and/or seeds. These characteristics present the first solid evidence of nut-eating in any dinosaur.
- Sands of Gobi Desert yield new species of nut-cracking dinosaurWed, 17 Jun 2009, 9:31:11 EDT
- New bony-skulled dinosaur species discovered in TexasMon, 19 Apr 2010, 12:26:19 EDT
- Research unearths new dinosaur species Thu, 28 Feb 2013, 21:36:27 EST
- Field Museum paleontologist leads study on two new dinosaurs from ChinaWed, 22 Apr 2009, 0:49:51 EDT
- Tiny juvenile dinosaur fossil sheds light on evolution of plant eatersThu, 23 Oct 2008, 20:29:02 EDT