Reporting online in the American Journal of Pathology, researchers from the Kimmel Cancer Center at Jefferson have implicated the loss of a stromal protein called caveolin-1 as a major new prognostic factor in patients with breast cancer, predicting early disease recurrence, metastasis and breast cancer patient survival.
- New universal breast cancer marker predicts recurrence and clinical outcomeWed, 6 May 2009, 12:49:54 EDT
- Recurrence of breast cancer after more than 10 years is an important indicator of survivalWed, 24 Mar 2010, 8:32:00 EDT
- New test may predict breast cancer metastasisFri, 27 Mar 2009, 15:29:09 EDT
- Certain breast cancer patients worry excessively about recurrence Mon, 28 Mar 2011, 4:02:23 EDT
- Researchers identify risk factors for contralateral breast cancerMon, 26 Jan 2009, 0:22:17 EST