(PhysOrg.com) -- Diamond-like carbon films created at Sandia National Laboratories are helping probe the far boundaries of the solar system as part of a NASA mission to study how the sun's solar wind interacts with the interstellar medium - the matter that exists between the stars within a galaxy.
- IBEX mission yields intriguing studies about solar system, lively debate among researchersMon, 16 Aug 2010, 11:43:43 EDT
- IBEX satellite finds ribbon-like structure at edge of heliosphereThu, 15 Oct 2009, 15:16:15 EDT
- First IBEX maps reveal fascinating interactions occurring at the edge of the solar systemThu, 15 Oct 2009, 14:41:17 EDT
- Satellite reveals surprising cosmic 'weather' at edge of solar systemFri, 16 Oct 2009, 14:17:11 EDT
- NASA spacecraft provides first view of our place in the galaxyThu, 15 Oct 2009, 16:26:16 EDT