Emergence of black-colored wolves is the direct result of humans raising dogs as pets and beasts of burden, according to new research by a University of Calgary biologist published today by the prestigious academic journal Science. And dark coloring may also aid the survival of the species as wolf habitat is affected by climate change in the future, the study suggests.
- Black wolves: The first genetically modified predators?Thu, 5 Feb 2009, 14:31:34 EST
- Biologists solve mystery of black wolvesThu, 5 Feb 2009, 15:15:30 EST
- Wolves would rather eat salmonMon, 1 Sep 2008, 19:35:21 EDT
- Scientists identify genetic basis for the black sheep of the familyFri, 11 Jul 2008, 4:35:53 EDT
- Black or blue? Mulch color affects okra growth, yieldMon, 19 Apr 2010, 18:13:12 EDT