Friday, January 9, 2009 - 13:14 in Health & Medicine
(PhysOrg.com) -- A naturally occurring DNA repair system that normally protects cells from damage can cause retinal degeneration and blindness when overstimulated, according to a new study by MIT researchers.
- Retina transplants show promise in patients with retinal degenerationThu, 10 Jul 2008, 11:23:21 EDT
- MIT retinal implant could help restore some visionWed, 23 Sep 2009, 17:25:59 EDT
- All eyes on retinal degenerationTue, 16 Feb 2010, 16:40:14 EST
- Gene therapy research from Penn Vet & Scheie Eye Inst. cures retinitis pigmentosa in dogsMon, 23 Jan 2012, 21:33:25 EST
- Mammals can be stimulated to regrow damaged inner retina nerve cellsMon, 24 Nov 2008, 17:23:37 EST