An innovative approach for implanting a new aortic heart valve without open-heart surgery is being offered to patients at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center. Known as the PARTNER (Placement of AoRTic traNscathetER valves) trial, this Phase 3 multicenter study is being led by national co-principal investigators Dr. Martin Leon and Dr. Craig Smith and is focused on the treatment of patients who are at high risk or not suitable for open-heart valve replacement surgery.
- Heart valves implanted without open-heart surgeryWed, 7 Jan 2009, 14:56:34 EST
- Heart valve replacement without opening the chest gives new option for non-operable patientsFri, 24 Jun 2011, 15:36:08 EDT
- Surgical aortic valve replacement should remain the standard treatment for aortic stenosisWed, 20 Oct 2010, 17:34:08 EDT
- Valve implantation on the beating heartMon, 20 Apr 2009, 11:07:53 EDT
- Expandable prosthesis resolves advanced aortic valve diseaseFri, 30 Sep 2011, 21:33:22 EDT