Latina women have a lower risk of breast cancer than European or African-American women generally, but those with higher European ancestry could be at increased risk, according to data published in the December 1 issue of Cancer Research, a journal of the American Association for Cancer Research.
- European ancestry increases breast cancer risk among LatinasMon, 1 Dec 2008, 7:15:17 EST
- Breast density associated with increased risk of cancer recurrenceMon, 9 Nov 2009, 5:15:06 EST
- Hormone therapy associated with reduced colorectal cancer riskThu, 8 Jan 2009, 0:22:33 EST
- Women often opt to surgically remove their breasts, ovaries to reduce cancer riskThu, 6 Aug 2009, 0:46:00 EDT
- Increased risk of other cancers for relatives of women with early onset breast cancerWed, 29 Sep 2010, 19:23:51 EDT