A new analysis of the National Cancer Institute's cancer registry has found that as many as one in five older women experience delayed or incomplete radiation treatment following breast-conserving surgery, and that this suboptimal care can lead to worse outcomes.
- Delays in radiation therapy lead to increased breast cancer recurrenceMon, 1 Dec 2008, 16:36:28 EST
- Delaying post-surgical radiation increases risk of breast cancer recurrence in older womenWed, 3 Mar 2010, 14:32:45 EST
- Radiation at time of lumpectomy may offer faster, more precise treatment for breast cancer patientsTue, 12 Apr 2011, 13:34:17 EDT
- Breast density associated with increased risk of cancer recurrenceMon, 9 Nov 2009, 5:15:06 EST
- Breast cancer surgery patients benefit from adding radiation therapySat, 4 Jun 2011, 12:02:44 EDT