(PhysOrg.com) -- Using a recent development in speech recognition, it is possible to search through television news programmes provided the recognition system has been trained beforehand. PhD candidate Marijn Huijbregts from the University of Twente (Netherlands) has, however, taken things even further: he has developed Spoken Document Retrieval for audio and video files that the speech recognition system has not yet been trained to deal with.
- Maastricht University researchers produce 'neural fingerprint' of speech recognitionMon, 10 Nov 2008, 11:22:12 EST
- Bionic speech recognitionThu, 9 Sep 2010, 13:31:49 EDT
- Error rate higher in breast imaging reports generated by automatic speech recognitionThu, 22 Sep 2011, 12:38:46 EDT
- Study examines function of prosthetic ears in improving hearing, speech recognitionMon, 15 Sep 2008, 16:50:22 EDT
- Researchers identify components of speech recognition pathway in humansWed, 22 Jun 2011, 16:36:52 EDT