All biological reactions within human cells depend on enzymes. Their power as catalysts enables biological reactions to occur usually in milliseconds. But how slowly would these reactions proceed spontaneously, in the absence of enzymes - minutes, hours, days? And why even pose the question?
- Without enzyme, biological reaction essential to life takes 2.3 billion yearsTue, 11 Nov 2008, 6:29:58 EST
- Chemists synthesize artificial cell membraneWed, 25 Jan 2012, 15:35:30 EST
- Scientists discover new chemical reaction for DNA production in bacteria and virusesFri, 17 Apr 2009, 10:24:54 EDT
- 'Corrective genes' closer thanks to enzyme modificationTue, 28 Jul 2009, 12:10:01 EDT
- Scripps Research scientists find E. coli enzyme must move to functionThu, 7 Apr 2011, 14:34:33 EDT