Individual investors are liquidating their holdings at record levels as financial markets sink, often absorbing losses to avoid possibly worse pain later. Contradicting the counsel of many financial advisers, it also flies in the face of widely accepted behavioral theory and reinforces recent research by Michigan State University scientists.
- Cut and run: MSU research predicts risk avoidance in the face of chronic economic lossMon, 27 Oct 2008, 15:56:41 EDT
- Florida State researcher considers the role of morality in modern economic theoryThu, 27 May 2010, 12:55:02 EDT
- Alpha males take greater risks: Study links finger length to behaviorTue, 9 Nov 2010, 14:35:20 EST
- Telephone counseling may be as effective as face-to-face counseling in weight loss maintenanceMon, 24 Nov 2008, 17:37:22 EST
- Damaging effects of unemployment and unexpected wealth losses on mobility and economic securityThu, 4 Apr 2013, 10:04:18 EDT