Contact lenses increase the risk of infection with pathogenic protozoa that can cause blindness. New research, published in the November issue of the Journal of Medical Microbiology, shows that a high percentage of contact lens cases in Tenerife are contaminated with Acanthamoeba that cannot be killed by normal contact lens solution.
- Contact lenses are home to pathogenic amoebaeMon, 20 Oct 2008, 9:36:28 EDT
- Kids with contact lenses like their looks better than kids with glassesMon, 2 Mar 2009, 4:09:28 EST
- Smart contact lensesThu, 31 Jul 2008, 9:07:45 EDT
- New method attacks bacterial infections on contact lensesTue, 25 Jan 2011, 16:02:03 EST
- Implanted lenses may not be superior to contacts for babies with cataractsMon, 10 May 2010, 17:35:52 EDT