Friday, September 12, 2008 - 12:21 in Earth & Climate
New research indicates that the amount of frozen organic carbon locked away in the world`s permafrost regions - a major potential source of atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2) and methane (CH4) - is double what has been previously estimated.
- Thawing permafrost likely to boost global warmingMon, 1 Sep 2008, 3:49:46 EDT
- Super-size deposits of frozen carbon threat to climate changeTue, 30 Jun 2009, 14:15:56 EDT
- Abrupt permafrost thaw increases climate threatWed, 30 Nov 2011, 17:34:58 EST
- Permafrost could release vast amounts of carbon and accelerate climate change by end of centuryTue, 23 Aug 2011, 14:34:58 EDT
- Bad sign for global warming: Thawing permafrost holds vast carbon poolWed, 3 Sep 2008, 11:09:11 EDT