Researchers in Japan are reporting a discovery that could improve the effectiveness and expand the use of transplants of insulin-producing cells to treat diabetes. Their study is scheduled for the July 16 issue of ACS' Bioconjugate Chemistry. Insulin-dependent, or Type 1, diabetes affects about 800,000 people in the United States.
- Stem cell transplantation helps patients with diabetes become insulin freeTue, 14 Apr 2009, 10:50:27 EDT
- Study suggests drug significantly improves glycemic control in type 1 diabetics on insulinWed, 15 Jun 2011, 15:38:07 EDT
- Safer and more effective diabetes control with basal insulin analogsFri, 24 Jun 2011, 18:05:34 EDT
- Biomaterial shows promise for Type 1 diabetes treatmentThu, 9 May 2013, 18:37:07 EDT
- Researchers show some cells in pancreas can spontaneously change into insulin-producing cellsMon, 5 Apr 2010, 8:57:46 EDT