Exactly how airborne particulates harm our lungs still puzzles epidemiologists, physicians, environmental scientists, and policy makers. Now California Institute of Technology researchers have found that they act by impairing the lungs' natural defenses against ozone.
- LSUHSC shows for first time infant inhalation of ultrafine air pollution linked to adult lung diseaseWed, 22 Jul 2009, 12:39:17 EDT
- Environmental exposures may damage DNA in as few as three daysSun, 17 May 2009, 12:15:05 EDT
- Particulate emission from natural gas burning home appliancesThu, 8 Jan 2009, 13:37:08 EST
- Zero in on ozone with fluorescent solution that detects harmful molecule in air and bodyMon, 22 Jun 2009, 15:15:10 EDT
- New device traps particulates, kills airborne pathogensThu, 31 Jan 2013, 16:38:33 EST