AMD today introduced the industry`s first energy-efficient x86 server processors with four processing cores and an integrated memory controller all in a low 55-watt ACP thermal envelope. Blade and rack systems based on five new low-power Quad-Core AMD Opteron HE (Highly Efficient) processors are now widely available from global OEMs and solution providers.
- New 167-processor chip is super-fast, ultra energy-efficientWed, 22 Apr 2009, 9:43:39 EDT
- Carnegie Mellon researchers save electricity with low-power processors and flash memoryWed, 14 Oct 2009, 13:10:16 EDT
- Increasing processor efficiency by 'shutting off the lights'Mon, 28 Feb 2011, 11:35:49 EST
- Scientists create first working model of a two-qubit electronic quantum processorTue, 30 Jun 2009, 11:07:46 EDT
- First 3-D processor runs at 1.4 Ghz on new architectureMon, 15 Sep 2008, 10:50:07 EDT