Parents of children with autism were roughly twice as likely to have been hospitalized for a mental disorder, such as schizophrenia, than parents of other children, according to an analysis of Swedish birth and hospital records by a University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill researcher and colleagues in the U.S. and Europe.
- Mental disorders in parents linked to autism in childrenMon, 5 May 2008, 2:49:18 EDT
- Caltech and UNC research finds further evidence for genetic contribution to autismTue, 15 Jul 2008, 17:28:57 EDT
- UNC, Caltech research finds further evidence for genetic contribution to autismThu, 17 Jul 2008, 11:23:40 EDT
- Autism, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder may share common underlying factors, study suggestsMon, 2 Jul 2012, 20:02:36 EDT
- Training parents is good medicine for children with autism behavior problemsSat, 25 Feb 2012, 12:34:06 EST