The best available treatment for chronic kidney disease from high blood pressure did not keep the disease from substantially worsening in about a fourth of African-Americans studied, according to long-term results of a National Institutes of Health study published April 28, 2008, in the Archives of Internal Medicine.
- Kidney disease worsens in a fourth of African-Americans despite therapy for hypertensionMon, 5 May 2008, 12:14:14 EDT
- Gene linked to worsening kidney disease in African-AmericansSat, 20 Nov 2010, 20:36:33 EST
- Lower blood pressure goal benefits some African-Americans with chronic kidney diseaseWed, 1 Sep 2010, 18:30:24 EDT
- Keeping blood pressure in check may benefit some African-Americans with kidney diseaseWed, 6 Oct 2010, 17:12:33 EDT
- Lower blood pressure may preserve kidney function in some patientsWed, 1 Sep 2010, 18:30:29 EDT