Leptospirosis is a serious but neglected emerging disease that infects humans through contaminated water. Now research published in the May issue of the journal Microbiology shows for the first time how bacteria that cause the disease survive in the environment.
- Bacterial slime helps cause serious diseaseSun, 4 May 2008, 20:28:23 EDT
- Serious disease in pet lizards caused by new bacteriaThu, 18 Sep 2008, 22:14:54 EDT
- Scientists discover 21st century plagueMon, 24 Nov 2008, 0:37:36 EST
- 'Neglected infections of poverty' in US disable hundreds of thousands of Americans annuallyTue, 24 Jun 2008, 11:29:32 EDT
- Emerging E. coli strain causes many antimicrobial-resistant infections in USFri, 30 Jul 2010, 14:23:43 EDT