Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 13:53 in Biology & Nature
It has long been known that birds and many other animals including turtles, salamanders and lobsters, use the Earth`s magnetic field to navigate, but the nature of their global positioning systems (GPS) has not been completely understood.
- A model photochemical compass for bird navigationWed, 30 Apr 2008, 14:56:44 EDT
- International team of researchers explain how birds navigateWed, 30 Apr 2008, 19:21:29 EDT
- The magnetic senseTue, 10 Jul 2012, 14:05:36 EDT
- Monarch butterflies reveal a novel way in which animals sense the Earth's magnetic fieldMon, 25 Jan 2010, 12:10:20 EST
- Caltech researchers use GPS data to model effects of tidal loads on Earth's surfaceFri, 15 Apr 2011, 11:06:18 EDT