How species diversity is maintained is a fundamental question in biology. In a new study, a team of Indiana University biologists has shown for the first time that diversity is influenced on a spatial scale of unparalleled scope, in part, by how well tree seedlings survive under their own parents.
- IU research: Forest diversity from Canada to the sub-tropics influenced by family proximityThu, 17 May 2012, 16:36:59 EDT
- Increased honey bee diversity means fewer pathogens, more helpful bacteria, IU biologist findsTue, 13 Mar 2012, 11:33:06 EDT
- Diversity of trees in Ecuador's Amazon rainforest defies simple explanationThu, 23 Oct 2008, 16:22:36 EDT
- Soil-borne pathogens drive tree diversity in forests, study showsFri, 25 Jun 2010, 16:16:03 EDT
- New explanation for the origin of high species diversityThu, 11 Nov 2010, 15:23:36 EST