Observations with NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory have provided the first X-ray evidence of a supernova shock wave breaking through a cocoon of gas surrounding the star that exploded. This discovery may help astronomers understand why some supernovas are much more powerful than others.
- Chandra finds new evidence on origin of supernovasTue, 26 Apr 2011, 15:02:10 EDT
- Supernova explosions stay in shapeThu, 17 Dec 2009, 11:11:56 EST
- New supernova remnant lights upFri, 10 Jun 2011, 15:34:20 EDT
- Discovery of most recent supernova in our galaxyWed, 14 May 2008, 13:35:54 EDT
- NASA's Swift satellite catches first 'normal' supernova in the act of explodingWed, 21 May 2008, 13:35:56 EDT