Thursday, May 3, 2012 - 07:00 in Physics & Chemistry
The ticket to Mars and beyond may be a series of nuclear slapshots that use magnetic pulses to slam nuclei into each other inside hockey pucks made of a special, lightweight salt, according to physicists from The University of Alabama in Huntsville.
- Zooming way in, technique offers close-ups of electrons, nucleiWed, 1 Oct 2008, 14:21:49 EDT
- Universal, primordial magnetic fields discovered in deep space by UCLA, Caltech physicistsTue, 21 Sep 2010, 14:38:11 EDT
- K-State theoretical physicist, colleagues steer electrons with laser pulsesThu, 13 Nov 2008, 17:57:39 EST
- Most youth hockey injuries caused by accidents, not checking, UB study showsThu, 29 Jul 2010, 13:33:03 EDT
- Nuclear magnetic momentsThu, 23 Dec 2010, 1:01:12 EST