Using lasers to excite just one atom from a cloud of ultra-cold rubidium gas, physicists have developed a new way to rapidly and efficiently create single photons for potential use in optical quantum information processing - and in the study of dynamics and disorder in certain physical systems.
- New technique efficiently creates single photons for quantum information processingThu, 19 Apr 2012, 16:37:17 EDT
- Researchers convert quantum signals to telecom wavelengths, increase memory timesSun, 26 Sep 2010, 13:35:34 EDT
- Hark! Group demonstrates first heralded single photon source made from siliconFri, 29 Jun 2012, 21:03:47 EDT
- JQI researchers create entangled photons from quantum dotsWed, 18 Nov 2009, 11:11:17 EST
- This little light of mine: Changing the color of single photons emitted by quantum dotsThu, 14 Oct 2010, 14:06:57 EDT