Cells on the move reach forward with lamellipodia and filopodia, cytoplasmic sheets and rods supported by branched networks or tight bundles of actin filaments. Cells without functional lamellipodia are still highly motile but lose their ability to stay on track, report researchers at the Stowers Institute for Medical Research in the April 9, 2012, online issue of the Journal of Cell Biology.
- On the moveMon, 9 Apr 2012, 12:35:00 EDT
- Long polymer chains dance the congaTue, 16 Mar 2010, 12:43:00 EDT
- Understanding the migration of cancer cellsMon, 23 Jun 2008, 11:22:18 EDT
- Skeleton key for cancer metastasisMon, 26 Apr 2010, 12:48:53 EDT
- UT MD Anderson scientists uncover the nuclear life of actinSun, 24 Mar 2013, 15:31:32 EDT