Greater lifetime exposure to the stress of traumatic events was linked to higher levels of inflammation in a study of almost 1,000 patients with cardiovascular disease led by researchers at the San Francisco VA Medical Center and the University of California, San Francisco.
- Greater traumatic stress linked with elevated inflammation in heart patientsFri, 30 Mar 2012, 12:35:48 EDT
- Risk of accelerated aging seen in PTSD patients with childhood traumaMon, 25 Apr 2011, 9:01:42 EDT
- PTSD endures over time in family members of ICU patientsMon, 22 Sep 2008, 12:15:16 EDT
- Targeting oxidized cysteine through diet could reduce inflammation and lower disease riskFri, 27 Mar 2009, 11:24:02 EDT
- Men's and women's immune systems respond differently to PTSDTue, 26 Apr 2011, 15:33:06 EDT