Researchers have developed a new strategy for treating brain cancer that could improve clinical outcomes. They treated invasive tumors with imipramine blue followed by chemotherapy. The tumors ceased their invasion of healthy tissue and the animals survived longer than with chemo treatment alone.
- Novel compound halts tumor spread, improves brain cancer treatment in animal studiesWed, 28 Mar 2012, 23:35:23 EDT
- Early tests find nanoshell therapy effective against brain cancerTue, 1 Feb 2011, 12:07:53 EST
- Potential for non-invasive brain tumor treatmentTue, 16 Jun 2009, 10:54:07 EDT
- Brain tumor discovery could lead to new treatmentFri, 8 Jul 2011, 12:36:32 EDT
- ESF workshop makes major advance in cancer radiotherapySat, 8 Nov 2008, 13:37:16 EST