Friday, December 9, 2011 - 12:31 in Earth & Climate
An unusually hot melting season in 2010 accelerated ice loss in southern Greenland by 100 billion tons - and large portions of the island's bedrock rose an additional quarter of an inch in response.
- 2010 spike in Greenland ice loss lifted bedrock, GPS revealsFri, 9 Dec 2011, 15:32:44 EST
- Small glaciers -- not large -- account for most of Greenland's recent loss of ice, study showsMon, 15 Sep 2008, 11:44:05 EDT
- Bedrock is a milestone in climate researchWed, 4 Aug 2010, 13:09:49 EDT
- As ice melts, Antarctic bedrock is on the moveMon, 15 Dec 2008, 10:32:17 EST
- Greenland rapidly rising as ice melt continuesTue, 18 May 2010, 14:21:24 EDT