Monday, October 4, 2010 - 09:02 in Earth & Climate
Reefs of deep-sea corals are discovered for the first time in the Mediterranean, offshore of Israel, by the "Nautilus" cruise. "It's like finding a flourishing oasis in the middle of the desert," said Dr. Yizhaq Makovsky.
- Magnificent coral reefs discoveredMon, 4 Oct 2010, 10:06:13 EDT
- Insights into deadly coral bleaching could help preserve reefsTue, 23 Apr 2013, 16:20:49 EDT
- Lessons in coral reef survival from deep timeMon, 23 Jan 2012, 13:05:56 EST
- A new cave-dwelling reef coral discovered in the Indo-PacificThu, 11 Oct 2012, 10:08:24 EDT
- New evidence highlights threat to Caribbean coral reef growthTue, 29 Jan 2013, 13:34:01 EST